iReporter
 
17
14
20
17
20

Spectrum is seeking nearly 100 new broadband network Designers as part of its plan to nearly double the size of its Coppell-based network design center. These new jobs will support Spectrum’s network evolution and expansion plans, which will deliver multiple gigabit broadband speeds across the company’s 41-state service area, as well as fiber-optic network construction that will bring broadband to more than 1 million additional homes and small businesses.

The Designer roles integrate information from on-site engineers to develop and produce network designs used by Spectrum construction teams across the country. Spectrum currently has 100 Designers in Coppell, its largest design center. Overall, Spectrum employs more than 15,500 people in Texas, the most of any state in its service area.

“Our commitment to evolve our network to deliver faster broadband speeds and to expand our network’s reach to unserved homes and businesses is creating tremendous opportunity for Designers at Spectrum,” said Jeff Ethier, Group Vice President, Network Engineering & Design at Charter Communications, Inc., which operates the Spectrum brand of connectivity services. “We’re looking for talented professionals with CAD training, excellent computer skills and the ability to handle multiple projects as we nearly double the size of our design team in Coppell.”

Spectrum will host in-person interviews for the new Designer positions in Coppell on March 22 and 23. Interested candidates can learn more about the role, apply online and register for an interview here.

Designer Positions Offer Competitive Wages, Comprehensive Benefits and Career Growth Opportunities

The Designer positions offer competitive hourly wages, along with comprehensive health and retirement benefits. These new roles also offer strong career-growth potential, with a self-paced pathway to a Designer II role and a 10% increase in hourly pay, along with promotion opportunities within Design, Construction and other engineering functions.

For 10 consecutive years, the company has absorbed the full annual cost increase of employee medical, dental and vision coverage. Spectrum also offers employees a market-leading retirement plan, with a 401(k) that matches the first 6% of employee contributions, plus a Retirement Accumulation Plan with an additional 3% company contribution — for which Designers are eligible — bringing the total company contribution to a potential 9%.

Spectrum employees can also receive up to $10,000 per year in education assistance, as well as complimentary and discounted pricing on Spectrum services.

Related Posts